[image_frame align=”Left” height=”350″ width=”225″]http://www.garyroe.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Shattered-800-Cover-reveal-and-Promotional.jpg[/image_frame]Unthinkable. Unbelievable. Heartbreaking.
Whatever words we choose, they all fall far short of the reality.
The loss of a child is a terrible thing.
How do you survive this? Can you?
Shattered: Surviving the Loss of a Child was written to help.
Gary uses his three decades of experience interacting with grieving parents to give us this heartfelt, easy-to-read, and intensely practical book. He walks the reader through the powerful impact a child’s death can have – emotionally, mentally, physically, relationally, and spiritually:
- Intense, unpredictable emotions can hijack us at a moment’s notice.
- Our minds spin. We forget things. It feels like we’re going crazy.
- Our bodies get hit. Our health can be impacted.
- Our souls feel crushed, shaking our faith and what we think we believe.
- Our relationships change. A deep loneliness of the heart can set in.
- Our plans and dreams are shattered. We’re now in uncharted territory.
Yes, the loss of a child affects everything.
In Shattered, the reader will discover how to…
- Manage the massive changes that are occurring in your life
- Take care of yourself during this process
- Honor your child with your grief
- Love those around you, even with a broken heart
- Live life as well as possible while in the midst of great pain
- Make your child’s life count in deep and powerful ways
Shattered is not a magic pill. The death of a child cannot be fixed. But comfort, compassion, guidance, and hope can be found in these pages.
We will never be the same, but we can survive. And to some degree, we can heal. Shattered can help.
Open this book, and let the healing continue.
Where to purchase Shattered:
Gary’s Store – Paperback (autographed copies available)
The Grief Toolbox – Paperback
Questions and answers with Gary:
[toggle title=”Q: Why did you write Shattered?” variation=”coffee”]
I wrote Shattered by request. For years, grieving parents have been asking me to produce a resource for them – something that would connect with their wounded hearts, validate their pain, and give them practical ways to process and survive this immense loss. Shattered is the result. My prayer is that this book will bring hurting parents everywhere comfort, encouragement, and hope.
[toggle title=”Q: Who is Shattered written for?” variation=”coffee”]
Shattered was written for parents who have lost a child (no matter what age the child happened to be). It would also be extremely helpful for family and friends who want to understand and better support grieving parents.
[toggle title=”Q: Can this book be used in groups?” variation=”coffee”]
Yes. I’ve included a section in the back of Shattered with suggestions and guidelines on how to use the book effectively in a group. We learn and heal so much more when we share with others who also know grief.
[toggle title=”Q: Do you ever speak on this subject?” variation=”coffee”]
Yes. I share with groups of grieving parents in a variety of venues. If I can assist or encourage your group, email me at [email protected] or go to the Contact Gary box at the bottom of this webpage.